Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009

Special002 Stevie Wonder

I think you all remeber my first special about my alltime fav. sunglasses the Alpina M1!!!

Today its time for the 2nd Special and this time its not about a COOL FRAME that everybody loves, no, its about a COOL GUY that everybody loves. STEVE WONDER was born in 1950 and is known all over the World as a great musician. His first recored was recorded in 1962 so he only was 12 years old and since this time there was no stopping for him as musican and componist. But thats not the only reason im posting this here, you all gone know, it about his style of shades he is wearing the 70's and 80's.
I really was suprised when i was searching for photos what kind of styles he was rocking. Some of them is well known and i can easely name them but there are a lot i dident could identify. Maybe one of you can tell me a frame so i could expend my knowledge about vintage frames.
Thanks for yourt help, just leave a comment or drop me a mail.



First of all my and Stevies alltime Fav. the Alpina M1 in Black with golden Screws. I once talked to a manufacter of the M1 and he called the M1 the "Steve Wonder Galsses".


That was a Pic i was really supriesed and happy about. He was wearing a white Cazal 951 and it seems like they had mirroed Lenses. Really rare these days.

And another Classic for these days. Its a Porsche Design 5620 produced by Carrera in the 80's. This cool Stunners was made famouse by two people in the 80's. First, for all you HipHopHeads:
Kool Moe Dee
And for sure
Yoko One (espacilly on the rolling stone cover from the 1st Oct 1981).
I dont have a clue, it seems like it have to be from the 70's???

80's and massiv but no clue, i will be thanksfull for help.


These are really great but i dont know what brand or model, thes have to be from the 70's!?

These Aviators look familier, but no clue. I really like them. Late 70's early 80's. What do you think?


2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi. I can tell you the one w/Marvin Gaye is 79 or 80 (the year) as Stevie had that look when his album Hotter Than July came out.
    6th photo down is from the 70s. The one under that one is from 87-88 era when his album "Characters" came out. Other two that are underneath that one are from the 70s also. Hope this helps. (NOTE: I'm a HUGE fan of his but don't know much about the sunglasses but always loved the variety ones he did wear. Also always liked Elton John's too.)

    AntwortenLöschen